Dial 999 in an emergency
In the event of a fire occurring in the hall the following procedure should be implemented.
(This building is fitted with automatic alarm and lighting system.)
- An appropriate person (e.g. the event organizer, senior person) must take charge.
- If the Alarm has not sounded, break the glass in the front hall or at the rear doorway. That will trigger the alarm system.
- If safe to do so, open all appropriate emergency doors and exits.
- Ensure that all doors are not impeded or jammed open or shut.
- Begin evacuation calmly and without panic, ensuring, that the disabled and children take priority.
- Do not allow people to collect goods or possessions.
- Instruct evacuees to assemble in front of the Village Shop.
- Check all persons are out of the building; check Toilets, Storeroom, Stage, Kitchen and Small Hall are cleared.
NOTE: THERE IS NOT A TELEPHONE IN THE HALL. USE A MOBILE PHONE OR SEND A PERSON TO THE VILLAGE SHOP OR NEAREST HOUSE.
- Alert emergency services: Fire Brigade 999 and/or Ambulance 999 if appropriate.
- Hall Contacts: Marion Fisher 01631 710589.
- Ensure persons do not attempt to re-enter the building to gather possessions until the Fire Officer agrees that it is safe to do so.
- Keep people at a safe distance from the building.
- Use of the Fire Fighting equipment in the hall must not be to the detriment of the evacuation. The Evacuation must take priority.